Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A 4th grader and a 6th grader!!

Where does the time go!!??  I cannot believe that my oldest son started middle school today!  I remember so vividly dropping him off on his first day of Kindergarten; I surprised myself as I had to fight back the tears.  I have never been very sentimental, but realizing how quickly our children grow makes me want to slow down time and take advantage of every single second I have with them.  It makes me want to be more intentional with life lessons and practice patience a lot more regularly. Watching Truss become more and more independent makes me super proud, and I love seeing him make good choices on his own.  I am now presented with another choice to trust the One who created him and knows him better than me to guide and keep him as he grows and for me to continue relinquishing control - such an easy task for us moms, right? (we only wish!)  I know that all too soon I will have 2 kids in middle school, and before I know it, high school.  I want to savor every moment I have with my precious joy filled boys, and suck every ounce of life out of our moments together.  God is so good and he gives us such good gifts.  He is so faithful I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around it.  I am filled with gratitude today.  So thankful.

being brothers


4th grade and 6th grade


Truss, 6th grade


Cole, 4th grade


Goof balls.

No comments: