Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Because He is worthy

Sometimes I have to remind my head.  Sometimes in my head, I forget why I live in Montana, so far away from so many friends and most all of my family.  Sometimes I think I want to move and get "a real job" and not live below the poverty line of our country.  Sometimes I think I get tired of thinking about money and wondering if there is going to be enough this month or not.  Sometimes feel weary of growing close to people only to have them move across the country or across the world.  But then I am gently reminded that the reason all of these things are worth it is because HE is worth it.  HE is worth every person I invest in, every student that comes to learn more about who HE is. HE is worth every trip we take overseas.  HE is worth me laying down my desires and my life for.  HE is worth everything I am and have.    HE is worthy of every nation and soul singing his praise. HE is worthy of preaching the gospel to the lost.  HE is worth being misunderstood and rejected for.  HE is worth taking risks on people. HE is worth living on a meager income and living far from friends and family.  HE is worth investing EVERYTHING I have into his kingdom.  It all comes back to HIM...HE is the one it's all about.  HE withheld nothing, and that same love did not withhold, but gave everything compels me to pour myself out and allow HIM to be the only thing that fills me...because HE is enough. So, when I have days like today that I forget, I just need that little whisper that reminds me: "It's because HE is worthy."   And then I am reminded of this in Revelation:
"The 24 elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever.  They cast their crowns before the throne saying, 'Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.'.....And when he had taken the scroll the 4 living creatures and the 24 elders fell down before the Lamb, and they sang a new song saying, 'Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.'  Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, saying in a loud voice, 'Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!' And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them saying, 'To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!' (taken from Rev. 4:9-5:14)
And I wonder how I could ever lose sight of that and forget it, but am thankful for the gentle reminder that comes as often as I need it.  My heart knew it all along, I just got caught in my head for too long.  And then I end upon my face in my living room in worship because I am so blown away by how worthy HE is of way more than I could ever give.  
HE is worthy, and that is reason enough, because HE will always be enough.



No comments: