Monday, October 21, 2013

Vision

A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to share my vision for the Kingdom of God at our weekly community meeting here at the YWAM campus.  I was asked the day before the meeting.  Really, that is not such a big deal for me, since I usually wait for the last minute to prepare things like that anyways.  As I was praying the 24 hours preceding the meeting, I was overcome with God's heart.  Those of you that know me well, know that I am quite passionate about seeing the Kingdom of God manifest on earth.  I know that God is relentless toward us, and in his desire to reveal himself to us, and I know that when we pursuit him there is potential for incredible things.  As I prayed for God's heart, I was reminded of my passion to see this generation released to bring the Kingdom of God here.  To live it out wherever they may be...my heart to empower them, to speak identity and Truth into them...to equip them.
This is what came out; what I shared with our community here, and I want to share it with you all.
My vision for the Kingdom of God:
The Relentless
I want to see a generation of young people walking in their God given identity - unbound by fear - set free from the lies of the enemy, because they dared to believe the Gospel of Jesus.
    A generation that is so captivated by Jesus that they will give up the convenience of normal life to go to the hardest and darkest places on earth to share the gospel...knowing that it's going to change everything!
    A generation that understands Jesus is worth giving up everything we have for. They will give up comfort for the sake of obedience because they know the joy set before them.
    A generation that will laugh when they are told that it's not possible because they know who their God is - He's the God of the impossible!
    I want to see a generation so obsessed with sharing the gospel that the world will call us foolish...crazy.
    A generation that so convinced that the gospel is true...that it is the only answer, that they go out and give their lives for the sake of the gospel, and nations are shaken.
    A generation raised up that boasts in their weaknesses so that Christ will be magnified all the more.
    Young people that celebrate each other - they have done away with cynicism, competition, jealously and comparison.  They only seek to advance the name of Jesus...the Kingdom of God, never themselves.
    They love recklessly and relentlessly...they are just like their Father.
We have before us a generation that society has labeled as lazy, ungrateful, entitled, bored, cynical, confused. unrealistic....too idealistic.
    I ask God what he sees....and he says...."You see bones...BUT I see an army!"



No comments: